Our alumni are staying involved and proactive, serving on new leadership boards for the College and being recognized for their work.
- The Dean’s Leadership Advisory Board (LAB), comprising 30 leaders from around the world, is focused on supporting the College’s strategic vision and mission. Three sub-committees – Strategic Research Initiatives, Strategic Education Initiatives, and Values and Culture – have been formed in support of the College’s three strategic pillars. To learn more visit the LAB website.
- The Dean’s DEI Advisory Council, comprised of 12 leaders from academia, industry, STEM-based non-profit organizations and professional associations, are focused on providing feedback and guidance to the College on all matters relative to the implementation of the strategic plan for diversity equity, and inclusion. The council meets several times a year on campus and works year-round on an ad-hoc basis. To learn more visit the Dean’s DEI Advisory Council web page.
- On October 26, 2017, the College honored 17 outstanding alumni over dinner at an awards ceremony here on North Campus. Congratulations to these outstanding alumni for their amazing work. To learn more about the honorees visit the College’s Awards page. Highlight of mentoring and volunteering stats
- The HAIL (Hometown Alumni Involvement Link) alumni interview program, managed by the Office of Student Affairs, continues to grow. HAIL affords prospective students the opportunity to meet face-to-face with a Michigan Engineering alum for a 30-60 minute conversation. Now in its fifth year, HAIL is currently engaging more than 1200 alumni and over 5700 prospective students from across the world. This represents a 29% increase in alumni volunteers, and a 37% increase in prospective students over last year.
- The College’s alumni engagement program hosted 12, 30-minute mentoring sessions in 2017 and has engaged over 200 alumni with over 400 students. In addition, alumni engagement continues to connect recent alumni with established alumni for ongoing career mentoring.