The College is nearing the end of its second year of implementing a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) strategic plan, in alignment with U-M President Mark Schlissel’s initiative.
Many activities and developments have taken place over the last year, including:
- The hosting of two community events – cultureXchange and creativityXchange – that celebrate our diverse engineering faculty, staff and students
- Numerous DEI workshops and educational opportunities for faculty and staff, and the offering of an incentive for staff to participate in DEI training sessions
- Training for incoming students on DEI themes and practices
- The launch of an informational blog with subscribable email to keep the engineering community informed on developments
- The release of the Staff Climate Survey, and several town hall sessions to review those results
- Addition of a reflection room, 3000 EECS
- The hiring of two new lecturers whose service will contribute to inclusive teaching practices and measuring progress on DEI objectives.